Thursday 8 May 2008

Learning how to use a search engine

How to find materials.

Answer all these questions after doing some practice.

1- What is "smart" searching?
2- What are the most popular search engines?
3- The websites that appear at the top of the results pages are there for several?
4- Is it better to put more or less words into search engine?
5- Should you include words such as the, in, and when searching? Why, or why not?
6- What happens if I put a "+"/"-"before the information that I am searching for?
7- If I type "OR" between two words that I am looking for, what will the search engine do?

8- If I type "Angelina Jolie is going to marry Brad Pitt", what will the search engine do?
9- How do you limit the search to only one website?Such as the BBC?
10- If I go to http://news.google.com, what type of information do you think I am looking for?

No comments: